Can I remind you of Lord Laro's song, tribute to Count Ossie?

Here is George. This is one of the photos that has graced the obituary pages.
I hadn't known him for long, but just looking at the picture makes me remember how Lord Laro spoke of Count Ossie, a 1960s reggae genius. I refuse to write Maestro because that word has something to it lately that is not flattering, especially when preceded with jazz (if you are Kenyan or in Kenya you get my drift).
But, the long and short of it, is that I'd say of George what Lord Laro said of Count Ossie.
Sample this: "Count Ossie was a true rasta man, with love and devotion for everyone, though he is gone, his music still lingers on, Count Ossie liveth in every bit of the younger blood."
Now replace every "Count Ossie" with "George" and you will know what I am talking about.
Buzzle.com got kind with me and gave me two great quotes which I wish to share with you and all those who feel aggrieved like me.
"God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be. So He put His arms around you and whispered "come to me." With tearful eyes we watched you, and saw you pass away. Although we loved you dearly, we could not make you stay. A golden heart stopped beating, hardworking hands at rest. God broke our hearts to prove to us, He only takes the best!" I'd say that of George.
Then there is this one:
"What moves through us is a silence, a quiet sadness, a longing for one more day, one more word, one more touch, we may not understand why you left this earth so soon, or why you left before we were ready to say good-bye, but little by little, we begin to remember not just that you died, but that you lived. And that your life gave us memories too beautiful to forget."
I have began feeling better, but as I look at George's picture, I just find it hard, but then wherever he is, he can hear this words, which in our human meanness, and my knack for cynicism, I could not say to him. That was sad! But somehow, I hope, his spirit is around to hear this!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cockroach Dance

This is Louis --that interview with artists was tight!

Remembering Dr Margaret Ogola (June 12,1958 - September 21, 2011)